Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

We have understood how created things work.



As I entered my teen years I found myself surrounded with multitude of questions about life that troubled me day after day and in search of the answers to those questions, I, an atheist came to a conclusion that “I” can rule my life if I make myself rise to a certain level of power within me. Only a fool can think that. Pro 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes.

Having lot of questions about living things in mind I tried to study what people have to say on the life of man. And I learnt that we have knowledge about every creeping thing on the face of this earth. We have studied their behavior. We have studied their anatomy. We tried to trace their origins. We have all these philosophies of life but we don’t have the life giver. We have understood how created things work but we failed to understand their creator.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Sadhu Sundar Singh once said, supposing there is a tree full of fruits -- you will have to go and buy or beg the fruits from the owner of the tree. Every day you would have to go for one or two fruits. But if you can make the tree your own property, then all the fruits will be your own.

We spend time thinking about all the things He made; we have no time to give Him. We ask for all the fruits that He has for us; we do not ask for His very presence which is a tree that gives us those fruits.
Phillip Britts quotes Silesius’ writing, in his book ‘The Force Behind Nature’, "It is good to be busy and better to pray, but far better to stand mute and still before your God."
Standing mute and still before God is to tell God, “O God, here I withdraw, you take over.”

No comments:

Post a Comment