Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dear Friend, I appreciate you!

I remember something great about a couple I knew few years back. In their conversations the man used tell the woman almost every day, “You are so good!” and the woman religiously answered, “You are better!”

Isn't that a wonderful way to express your love and appreciation?

Many times we find it so hard to say something good about others. An American businesswoman Mary Kay Ash says, “Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don't keep it a secret.”

I learnt two things from Mary Kay’s statement.
1. I need to appreciate people openly
2. I want to be appreciated

I have so many people around me and so many of them have outstanding qualities that need appreciation. But instead of appreciating them I keep pointing to their mistakes which in turn bring blemish on me manifolds, everyday.

So I thought, I will avoid pointing out your mistakes and do not miss a single chance to say something good about you, that you really deserve.

I may sound selfish even here, but that’s ok for it is to help us. Read again the point numbered 2, above.

Do for others what you want them to do for you.

When was the last time you appreciated somebody? You did it today, that’s great. You didn’t? Don’t worry. It’s not late to start it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment