Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

What's Wrong with the WORLD around me?

Last couple of months I have come across few of my friends discussing about the destiny of the life. Some are very positive about it and others have a negative perspective on the subject. But, even when those who think positively about the destiny in life fail to understand what exactly life is asking from them.

Robert Kiyosaki in his best seller “Rich Dad Poor Dad” quotes his Rich Dad saying this:
"If you learn life's lessons, you will do well. If not, life will just continue to push you around. People do two things. Some just let life push them around. Others get angry and push back. But they push back against their boss, or their job, or their husband or wife. They do not know it's life that's pushing."

They do not know it's life that's pushing. The reason we fail to understand life’s push is because we have been already pushing on the objects around is and ignoring what life wants to teach us.

In the present scenario of the busy world around us a child is born, goes to school, gets a job, gets married and brings children in the world to repeat the cycle with an only difference that the newer generation has lesser time to spend with others compared to the previous generation. In all our business we often forget to ask ourselves what am I ultimately living for?

One of my friends asked me a simple, common question the other day, ‘What did we bring and what are we going to take with us?’ –NOTHING
I wasn’t surprised because he asked it but I was surprised to realize that the person he was pointing to when he said that was someone whom he once respected and adored.

I remember talking to a young boy in a small counseling meeting. I asked the boy, “What do you want to do when you grow up?” He quickly answered, “I want to make people feel happy in whatever way I could”. I was impressed but it only gave me a sting of how much this lad was craving for happiness in life. After studying his case I learnt that he was abused in the family.

We changed the basics of living and sharing our lives, We give away costly things burgers, beer, meet and everything but we forget to serve a little love, care and hope with it.

If you know the real goal of your life and you are on the right path you will never stumble anyone because it is then you will have left all your insecurities and worries far behind on the way and that they never come to you again.

We deal with people every day. You gain some and lose many in the process, that’s our business today. We keep an account of wealth gained and spent. We give a very little time to take an account on what we have won and lost in the most important game called Life.

What’s wrong with the world around me? I think I need to change. I will be glad to heal the wounds that I have ever given and take heed not to make the mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment